Train the Trainer Helmet Workshop
Summary: This email describes an innovative approach to making sure that those who distribute and fit helmets know the ropes.
The Minnesota State Bicycle Advisory Committee, working with injury prevention specialists from the Minnesota Department of Health and the Twin Cities Bicycling Club, have developed a Train the Trainer workshop on bike helmets. Here is the email they send out to publicize it:
A "Train the Trainer" Workshop
Bicycle Helmet Safety
- A League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructor
- The Director of Injury Prevention - Minnesota Department of Health
Time and Location
Saturday, May 4, 2002
10:30 am to 12:30 pm
(box lunch included)
Ramsey County Library
Community Meeting Room
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
4698 Clark Avenue
Pre-registration & payment by mail is required - postmarked by Friday, April 26th
This theory and skills workshop is designed for those who instruct others on bicycle safety practices, such as law enforcement safety officers, bicycle club leaders, bicycle shop sales associates, bicycle event directors, pediatricians, nurses, teachers, youth coordinators.
Participants at this workshop will learn to:
- Describe the concepts of the medical and psychological importance of bicyclists wearing a correctly fitted and adjusted helmet.
- Identify the 5 key points in evaluating the safety of a currently owned helmet.
- Explain the 4 key characteristics to compare when selecting a new helmet.
- Know the 5 essential points of a correctly fitted and adjusted bicycle helmet.
- Instruct others and demonstrate how to correctly fit and adjust bicycle helmets.
Registration fee includes a box lunch and written materials
Registration is limited to 50 participants
All registrants are expected to participate in the entire workshop
Confirmation will be by email or phone
Your bicycle helmet and 2 or 3 other bicycle helmets for use as examples.
Bring to the workshop:
For more information and a registration form visit the website
or phone Mary Nelsestuen 651-646-8384
Minnesota State Bicycle Advisory Committee